Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Rosie and the Sunshine Kittens

Another beautiful day out there! And the Sunshine kittens are doing spectacular this morning!

First, I want to say thanks to all of you readers for cheering on Rosie. Welcome to all the newcomers as well! It's great to have visitors :) Rosie is doing great now, and although she still doesn't seem to be the most affectionate mama in the world, it definitely looks as though she's got a better handle on things than she once did.

As for the kittens, I'm starting to be able to tell them apart now. I've been calling them "Sunshine" kittens because ever since I was told about getting Rosie, the sun has been shining down every single day. The weather here is just gorgeous! (which is so unusual for Northern Ontario in March)

I know my little guy the best, and for now we're referencing him(or maybe her, the sex is still a bit hard to tell) as "Oscar". S/he was the little squirt that I took care of, before we thought there were any more to come. I sort of bonded with him. He was born on the day of, and even got to watch with us, the Oscars on Sunday night, where I held him close to me while he snuggled and nursed into the palm of my hand. Oscar is an unofficial name, until we can determine the sex, of course. Doug has suggested "Sandra" (Bullock) or I suggested "Meryl" (Streep) if we find out it's a girl after all.

For the other two, Litterhead and Runt, for obvious reasons. Litterhead was born in the litterbox, and still today has two little spots of litter stuck on his/her head (I wish mama Rosie would lick it off, but, as I said, she's a little lax on the mother side of things it seems... that, or that's how she tells them apart, too :P). And well, Runt, because s/he's the smallest. These are definitely not permanent names, just how I'm distinguishing for now until I fully determine the sexes (so don't worry...lol!). ;)

I've been taking a lot of movies over pictures because it's difficult to get too close to Rosie with the camera. But, I have cuuuute ones! I have one from yesterday, and one from today. Here's the pictures I got from this morning...

Left to Right: Litterhead, Oscar, Runt
Poor little Runt, always last to find a nipple.

Pretty Rosie

Aww, look at that sibling love! (closeup below)
♥ Hugz ♥

Here's the video from yesterday...

And here's the one from today (bunch of clips lumped together)...

6 comments:

  1. Ah well, that mothering thing doesn't come naturally to everyone... At least the babies are nursing, and they look like they're thriving. They're absolutely adorable! I can't wait to see them grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are adorable! And Rosie is a beauty. Looking forward to seeing how they get along :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hear squeaks!

    lol! you have doomed that poor kitten to a life of being called litterhead, and it is cracking me up!

    i wonder if rosie's one of those moms on an episode maury povich - i just thought i had to go to the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog at just the right time! They're so sweet and the name Litterhead makes me giggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that funny that Rosie still likes the hard floor best, laying on top of cords and what not! Oh well ~ the wee kitties look like they are doing fine and growing. It will be so fun once they start getting playful!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your paw print! :)