Saturday, March 6, 2010

Maybe Baby?

I'm all giddy right now.
I was in the computer room sitting with kitty, just watching her breathing (she's still hiding out under the desk this morning, but she's still eating, so I think she's doing okay)... and ohmigosh!! I think I saw something in her belly move around. It was like a little ball sweeping across from under her arm to the under side of her tummy. Soooo... I'm thinking that there's a pretty darn good chance that there's a baby in there (or maybe an alien? a bad set of worms? ~ewww ;))
Still can't confirm it a hundred percent, but I'm starting to think it's probably going to happen.

She's lying on her side right now, and is looking a little more relaxed than yesterday. But, due to her being so far back in the bottom of the desk, it's almost impossible to get a picture of her still. I still don't want to push her limits, because I want her to trust me somewhat if there are babies coming.

Also...
As of today, she's no longer going to be referenced as 'kitty'. The name we've decided on is 'Rosie'.

A few reasons for the name:
First, the gorgeous, sunny, spring weather we've been having lately, made me think of flowers. Roses have always been my favourite flower, so that was my first thought (I even had a nickname of "Rosie" when I was a teenager because of an online alias I had).
I also thought it suited her because she's got a little pink nose.
Then, the song by Lisa Loeb about being deserted, "Rose Coloured Times".
It all just seemed to fit her.

I'm off to shower, and then maybe see if I can move a bed under the desk (or maybe some towels), just in case something happens while we're gone today. Maybe, if I feel comfortable, I'll get a picture then.

So, until a little later! Here's the song by Lisa Loeb.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Those were rose-colored times on rides with your eyes closed.
Those were rose-colored times on rides with your eyes open wide.

Shabby tried to comb her hair with the gift from her grandma, her blood.
Tangled, she got halfway.
Sticky and powdered with dirt from the ground where her mamma had left her.
Had left her.
Left her.

Those were rose-colored times on rides with your eyes closed.
Those were rose-colored times on rides with your eyes open wide.

Rusty the screen door, she opened it.
Raised from the ground.
Mamma left me her ring, mamma left me no family,
Just barstools, and boyfriends, and whiskey at nighttime, and bedtime,
Bedtime.

I'll go with the man who looks like my father,
the neighbors all tell me to go with him.
He better take caution, he better take care of me,
'cause if he don't, he better beware of me.

Those were rose-colored times on rides with your eyes closed.
Those were rose-colored times on rides with your eyes open wide, on rides with your eyes open wide. 

2 comments:

  1. Gee Lynds...I didn't know you could sing..;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHAHA, i'm hoping it's NOT an alien or worms. well, worms for sure. an alien might be interesting...

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your paw print! :)