Monday, November 2, 2009

Time for Winter

Well, where to start...

Now that all the Halloween festivities are out of the way, I can sit down and actually make a real post! Hurray!

It's been a busy couple of weeks, and as much as I love Halloween and October, I'm ready for November.
I really like November because it's that nice little break between Halloween and Christmas. I can just come home and put fuzzy jammies on and play with the kittens.

So, as it has been asked -- Where are the kittens now?

They're still here with us, and they are terrific.
I took them into the SPCA on Friday and they had their shots - minus Whisper because she was from a different litter (she will go in this week for hers). I spoke to one of the girls there for quite a while, and it looks like they just got in a bunch of new littluns for me to take home when these guys go into Petsmart. As much as I want to scream, YAHOO!, it's going to be a very quick transition. As I'm back to work at Petsmart for the month of November, I'll be taking these guys with me on my first visit this Thursday. When I'm finished at Petsmart, I am to stop at the SPCA on my way home and pick up the newbies. It's going to be FAST. I'll have to make sure everything is clean and ready for them Wednesday night.
From what I understand, these guys are just bitty babies. So, I'm looking forward to meeting them. If they are little enough, I think I'll start them off in the cage.

My current batch (I'm going to have to address groups of them by something in the future, as other foster sites do - and now I see why ;)) are getting SO big now, and boy do they love to climb everything. Because we had to put them in the ensuite/walk-in closet for the weekend for the Halloween party, they began exploring more than they ever had.. and well, I'll just say I have plenty of laundry to do now ;)
On Halloween night, everyone was eager to meet them. Once all the kids had stopped coming to the door, and all the guests had arrived, I found Yoko asleep on my lappy, so I closed the office door and let the kittens free. And they. just. loved. it! They were into everything, & chased and chased, and played with everyone... it was so great. Eventually they tuckered themselved out, and we put them to bed. They were so good :)

So, that's it for now. I'm off to clean out my closet and do my laundry. The kittens are back in the foster room again. I admit I'm going to be very sad to see them go on Thursday, but I've really enjoyed having them here. I'm also really looking forward to meeting the new little guys too! :)


"Arrrrooooooo!"
 

Snuggly brothers, Keanu and Holmes


Pretty girls, Stephanie and Whisper
"Hey, no flash photography!"
 

It appears that Holmes is blinking at the flash, but really, he was just sitting there purring at the top of his lungs with his eyes closed.


Again, resting his eyes while kneading my knee... He is such a lovebug!


"Ooo, a camera. Can I play with it?"

2 comments:

  1. Wow - that went fast! I can't believe this little batch of kittens are almost ready for adoption. It's nice that you will get to peek in on them at work. I am sure it won't take long before someone scoops up these little sweeties. Looking forward to your next wee ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine said it! Sad to see them go so soon (but they're headed for furever homes and that's what it's all about, after all!), and excited to meet the newbies.

    Hope you don't mind... listed you with the adoption blogs on our sidebar.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your paw print! :)