Thursday, September 17, 2009

New kitties!

Well, not all of them have been adopted... but A LOT of them have! I was selfishly sorry to see some of them not there today cause I was looking forward to seeing them, but of course I'm so happy that they have homes now!!

Poor, sweet Miriam was still there, which broke my heart. I really want her to find a home. She's such a special little thing... and she's so patient with the fact she has to be there. I would seriously adopt her myself if I could.

There was a new batch of kittens.. all of Tippy's littluns had been adopted (minus one, because she was snatched back up by a foster home because she wasn't gaining any weight).. and one of them (the one I fell in love with) got adopted while I was there! Yay!

I was surprised at how many adoptions took place today. It seems like the cats are really moving - which is totally awesome. I got a billion pictures today, and I had trouble narrowing it down.. so there's going to be lots. Enjoy! :)

  
Booboo (I usually call him Boo or Boobie though ;))
Unfortunately, he was of the few that weren't adopted when I was there last.  He's a gorgeous cat though, super friendly, and quite the set of lungs! He loves to talk the entire day away. He keeps me entertained.

 
  
Kyra
Booboo's bunk mate. She was a newbie there, and was pretty shy. Eventually she came around to me though and was a really big sweetie.

 
 
Gambit (what a great name)
The SWEETEST KITTEN EVER. Seriously.
Gambit was the one (of five) kittens that was adopted today. Every time I picked him up, he would nuzzle his head under my chin and purr sooo loudly. He looooves to suck and chew on hands and fingers (ever so gently). I have other pictures I took with my cell phone of him and I (my camera ran out of space) snuggled together and him sucking on my hand. I'll try to remember to upload them off my phone. SO CUTE!!

 
 
Yanil
Yanil was in the shelter the last time I was there too. But today he was adopted!! Hurray! If you remember my buddy Strat, Yanil was with him at the same time. I'm not sure where Strat was today... so I assume he also had been adopted (which I'm sure he has, cause he was the greatest ever).

 
  
Uhhh... Yori.... (I think?)
Okay, I don't remember this kitten's name for the life of me. I didn't actually learn it til the end cause he didn't have a collar like the rest (as you can see, the little monster tore it off :P). It was something like Yori though. He was the only full black kitty of the bunch of kittens. The terror, too, if you ask me :D He was always jumping and climbing on something (or someone!).

 
  
Meeka
Meeka was the replacement for Yanil when he was picked up (someone from the shelter brought her over to swap them, so that Yanil could be picked up from there). She was really shy at first, but once I put all the other kitties in their cages and spent some one-on-one with her, she was a SERIOUS lovebug! She wasn't too fond of the kittens, but she was a real people-cat. And a serious lick-aholic. I couldn't go near her without getting a full head-to-toe bath! :D

 
 
Chanel
Aw, it's too bad the first one isn't a good picture. This kitten is beautiful! Her markings are sooo pretty. She's also a little doll, like Gambit. She had a few people in there who considered adopting her, including one couple that I'm pretty certain will be back. One way or another, I know she's going to get picked up really soon. She's cuddly and purrs at you, even if you're just standing next to her.. she loves attention. If I was busy, she'd be even demanding attention from the other cats! :D


 
 Miriam
 Oh, my sweet Miriam. How I love thee. PLLLLEASE get a home soon, you deserve so much more!
She's in the cages here, snoozing with the kittens. She's actually not on the the top of the cat tree, where she always sits. I figured I'd get a different angle of her instead.
 
Adora
Poor little shaved belly. She was one of the kittens who already had her microchipping and spaying done. She is all drugged up here... about 15 minutes after she had her pain meds. Before this picture was taken though, she didn't seem to be in too much pain (but, doctor's orders).. she was running and jumping and playing with no problems at all! She'll be quick to recover though, cause she was an active little sweetheart. I spent a lot of time cuddling with her too. :)

 
Berri
The last of the five kittens. Berri also had his surgery. He's sitting on my lap here, purring away. He sat there for a really long time, just watching everyone else play around him. He liked playing with the camera string and my key necklace around my neck. I wish I had a better picture of him close up, he was so cute. Mostly black, like Yori, but had features like Gambit with a couple white toes, white whiskers, and white eyebrows.
And that's it! 
I have a few more of just random kitties playing that I'll share, too!

 
Chanel and Berri duking it out on the cat tree.

 
Yori, Gambit, and Chanel looking at me from the cat tree.

 
Berri and ... oh! I forgot someone. 
That's Honey on the right.
She's a fluffy and black, and like most of them, a real sweetheart. I spent a lot of time with her today too. Another really loving cat... I know she'll also get a home soon. I thought the (new) owners of Gambit were going to take her too. I'm hoping that they think about it and come back for her.
Okay, off to spend time with my own little darling. She's all curled up on my lap here, fast asleep. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love Gambit. I am jealous of the person who got him! I don't know how you don't come home with a new one every time you visit. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your paw print! :)